- Warm the bowl add 1 cup of warm (body temp) water with 2 or 3 teaspoons of yeast and stir with a fork. (If you like, you can add 1 teaspoon of sugar at this point to help the process along)
- Add 1 cup of white 00 flour, add another 1/2 cup of warm water and mix together.
- Then let sit covered with a tea towel in a dark warm spot for 30 mins.
- Add 2 cups of white 00 flour sieved into mix
- Knead dough and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil... Knead dough and add (to your taste) up to 1 teaspoon of salt ... Knead dough and add flour as required to make it smooth and moist. After about 10 mins of kneading it should feel soft and light, but about 20 mins of kneading is best.
- Tear into 5 or 6 balls and rest in a dark, draft free place covered with a tea towel for 15-30 mins
- Knead each ball again to knock the air out before rolling and spinning into shape.
- Put unused balls in small freezer bags or in cling wrap and freeze for future use. (brush with olive oil so the cling wrap comes off easily)
Tomato Base Sauce
Put a jar of tomato passata or tin of pureed tomatoes into a small saucepan and add a couple of teaspoons of garlic and dried oregano and basil to taste. Allow to simmer over very low heat until warmed through.
Wood Fired Oven heated to 600 degrees, Semolina Flour (important) so pizza does not stick to tray or oven paddle or oven base, pizza trays for preparing the pizza on and getting the prepared pizza to the oven to slide effortlessly onto the oven paddle, so that the pizza can be transferred to the oven floor for bare baking, olive oil for final pizza dressing, 2 mins patience, pizza cutters, cutting boards for serving,
Dough, Tomato base sauce, Olive oil, Garlic, Pesto, Bbq sauce, Garlic infused olive oil
Rules for the perfect pizza...
When creating the topping for a perfect pizza, less is more. (Pineapple is banned)
Salami, Prosciutto, Pepperoni, Chorizo, Chicken, Anchovies, Prawns, Lamb, (and maybe Ham but remember you will never have any pineapple so why bother with ham?)
Capsicum, Mushrooms, Olives, Onion, Cherry tomatoes, Sundried tomatoes,
Herbs and Spices...
Pesto, Fresh rocket, Fresh basil, Chilli flakes, Rosemary, Dukkah spice, Tarragon, Parsley
(Add fresh leaves in the final stages of the cooking process or after pizza is cooked)
Grated Mozzarella, Boccocini, Grated Parmesan, Buffalo Mozzarella